Last weekend, the individual federal states of Germany again tightened the regulations for protection against the accelerated spread and thus the risk of infection with the corona virus. The so-called “ban on contact” is now decisive, meaning that in public, only a maximum of two people may have direct contact.
Frigo-Trans will also implement this official contact restriction within the company as far as possible. In a first measure, extended distances at the workplaces have already been implemented (e.g. in the dispatch department).
The following regulations apply with immediate effect, too:
- the meanwhile well-known hygiene regulations must be strictly adhered to (regular hand washing/disinfecting, no shaking hands, etc.)
- Keep distance! All employees have to keep a distance of 2 m at least while having direct contact with each other
- Gatherings in groups are not permitted. Like in the public, only a 1:1 contact is allowed (e.g. in social rooms, corridors, smoking areas, etc.)
- In case of contact with colleagues from other departments, it is mandatory to wear the provided mouth/nose protection masks.
- Each employee must check whether the required minimum distance at the workplace to the next colleague is sufficient. If you have any concerns, please inform the Management directly so that the situation can be checked in detail.
We are sure that these measures will help us to reduce the risk of a possible infection due to the coronavirus to a minimum.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our employees for their engagement and for adhering to the measures taken with the necessary consistency and thus providing the management with their best possible support.
In case of any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Due to the current overall situation and in order to protect the safety of employees and business partners as well as to maintain operational activities, the Frigo-Trans management has decided to extend the already implemented protective measures as follows with immediate effect:
- In case of direct external contacts (visitors, suppliers, service providers, etc.) it is obligatory to wear a face mask and to observe the already known hygiene measures.
- All in-house appointments with external participation as well as all external appointments must be cancelled until further notice.
All Frigo-Trans drivers (including subcontractor drivers) are obliged to put on and wear a face mask before entering the registration area of the disposition. It is then also mandatory to use hand disinfection.
- All employees are obliged to wear a face mask during personal communication with drivers/ subcontractor drivers.
- We temporarily do not grant access to third-party drivers. They will only be processed by the dispatchers via a registration window in the dispatching department. Wearing a face mask before making contact is obligatory! A notice sign is displayed.
- Suppliers and collectors of goods in stock must also use the registration window of the Dispatching Department. They are also obliged to wear a face mask.
- Suppliers and collectors are no longer permitted to enter the warehouse office; papers are to be received or handed over directly at the registration window in the dispatching department.
- All warehouse employees who get in direct contact with the suppliers are obliged to wear a face mask during communication.
Vehicle fleet management/Technical service
- All employees who have direct contact with drivers and/or third-party drivers, service providers and other visitors on the company premises and/or in the technical service area are obliged to wear a face mask during direct contact.
Drivers’ social rooms
- Until further notice, drivers are required to keep contact between themselves in the drivers’ social rooms to a minimum.
- Meetings/group stays in the drivers’ social rooms are to be avoided.
Reception area of the administration building
- Visitors, service providers and delivery services (e.g. post office, DHL, UPS etc.) are temporarily no longer permitted to enter the reception office. All requests will be dealt with by the reception staff in the foyer.
- Service providers working in the building are advised by the reception staff/facility management that they are obliged to wear a face mask (in case of direct contact with employees) and to observe the hand disinfection guidelines.
These measures help us to maintain business operations and international trade as far as currently permitted and possible within these special times.
In case of any further question at this moment, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Frigo-Trans management takes the development of the worldwide corona epidemic very seriously. The safety and health of our customers and employees remains our top priority. As an integral part of our clients’ pharmaceutical supply chain, we are aware of our responsibility. To date, we are not aware of any cases of infection within our business units. Our business operation is secured by our business continuity plan.
In a first step, all our employees and sub-contractors (who are working exclusively for Frigo-Trans) have been informed and sensitized about which hygiene measures must be strictly adhered to and how they should behave if symptoms occur or suspicion of possible infection is raised. The recommended measures of the WHO are authoritative.
In order to secure the operational business, Frigo-Trans will additionally take the following measures as of today:
- To separate our staff, a core operational team will be initially deployed as a “back-up” business
operation unit at our former headquarter location in 67227 Frankenthal. The warehouse there will
be ready for operation by tomorrow, March 11th, 2020.
- All operational staff members who get in touch to external business partners are re-sensitized
regarding hygiene protocols and measures (e.g. correct hand disinfection).
- As a preventive measure, all employees who are equipped with a laptop are required to take their
equipment with them after office hours in order to work from their home office if necessary.
- A weekly warehouse day/night shift system prevents immediate contact between warehouse staff
of each shift.
The Frigo-Trans management is closely monitoring the general situation in Europe and follows all news channels that provide daily updated information on possible transport disruptions. The above listed measures will be updated whenever necessary.